Minnesota State Arts Board
Selected Scope Financial Audit
For the Three Years Ended June 30, 1993;
|Public Release Date: July 29, 1994
Evaluate internal control structure: Grants and aids,
administrative expenses, federal grant revenue and other revenue.
Test compliance with certain finance-related legal provisions.
We found one area where the internal control structure needed improvement:
- The board made errors in paying some invoices, did not properly document some
payments, and did not adequately segregate purchasing functions.
We found four areas of noncompliance with finance-related legal provisions:
- The board incurred expenses to influence legislative action.
- The board's relationship with the Minnesota Arts Communicators, a professional
organization, is unclear. It is unclear whether Minnesota Arts Communicators is a
separate organization or a board project.
- The board incorrectly deposits mail receipts, refunds, and reimbursements to its
- Prior finding not resolved: the board maintains excessive cash
balances in its federal accounts.