The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed by the Minnesota Office of the Legislative Auditor.
Legislative Auditors and Evaluators in Other States and Countries
Resources for Auditors
Federal Government Information
Other Government Related Information
Other Information Sources
Minnesota Information Sources
- State of Minnesota Web Page.
- Search the entire State of Minnesota government Web sites.
- The Legislature's WWW server.
- Minnesota Planning, reports on statewide issues.
- Alaska Division of Legislative Audit
- California Legislative Analyst
- California Bureau of State Audits
- Florida Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA)
- The Office of the Auditor General of Canada
- Georgia Department of Audits
- Idaho Office of Performance Evaluations
- Illinois State's Auditor Generals Office
- Kentucky Legislative Research Commission
- Michigan Office of the Auditor General
- Mississippi PEER Committee
- New Jersey Office of the State Auditor
- Texas State Auditor's Office
- UK National Audit Office
- Utah Legislative Auditor
- Vermont State Auditor's
- Virginia Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission
- Washington Joint Legislative Audit & Review Committee
- Washington State Auditor's Office
- Wisconsin Legislative Audit Bureau
- Oregon's Secretary of State- Audit Division
- Internal Audit WWW Server includes information of interest to both internal and external Auditors.
- U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) Web Page.
- Advanced Technology Program (ATP) Audit Guidelines (http://www.atp.nist.gov/atp/psag-co.htm) are provided by the Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Commerce. The ATP is a cost-sharing program between government and industry to pursue high-risk, enabling technologies with significant commercial and economic potential.
- Association of Public Pension Fund Auditors, Inc. (http://www.appfa.org/) is an organization of whose members are responsible for internal auditing of public pension funds. The site provides information about the organization, conference schedules, audit programs, their listserve and more.
- Auditing the Human Resources Function (http://www.auxillium.com/audit.shtml) Audit program provided by a Human Resource Consulting Firm outlines the basic approach as well as information that should be included to cover a regulatory compliance review.
- Australian National Audit Office (http://www.anao.gov.au/anohome.html) Web site of Auditing for Australia provides audit reports, audit strategy, better practices guides and publications and more.
- Business Software Alliance (http://www.bsa.org/) International organization that oversees compliance with software copyright issues. The site includes valuable information for auditors on software compliance tools and issues. Resources include the Guide to Software Management, FAQs on enforcement, and downloadable tools from their ftp site.
- Federal Grants Management Publications (http://www.thompson.com/tpg/fed_gts/) Thompson Publishing Group's federal grants management publications provide news and regulatory information about topics including compliance and audits. Publications of interest to auditors include; Federal Grants Management Handbook, Resource Guide To Federal Program Compliance Audits, Section 504 Compliance Handbook, and Single Audit Information Service. The site includes newsletter articles related to each of the above subject.
- ICAA (http://www.icaa.org.au) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia maintains a site on the Web and a site on CompuServe. There is general information about the Institute, membership, student news, and more.
- Litigation Cost Control Resource Center (http://www.tecuminc.com/) Web site dedicated to information on controlling the cost of litigation. A free Litigation Cost Control Manual and other advice is available by email.
- Risk Assessment Do's and Don'ts (http://www.jebcl.com/riskdo/riskdo.htm) Professor Boritz provides guidance on risk assessment for internal auditors.
- University of New Hampshire Internal Audit Department (http://usnhaudit.unh.edu) Web site provides information about the department, policies and procedures, FAQ, flowcharts, previously issued reports, and an excellent list of common audit findings.
- GASB new URL is http://www.gasb.org
Federal Government Information
- FedWorld provides links to Federal Government information sources.
- USDA Agriculture Economic Research Service.
- Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank.
- U.S. Census.Access to current US Census data
- County and City Databook.
- Visit the White House WWW Service.
- The Library of Congress maintains Thomas, a link to U.S. Congressional information, such as the full text of bills from the 103rd and 104th Congress.
- Fedstats--Hyperlinks to US Government Statistics
- Links to state and local governments, including national organizations serving them.
- A list of public policy resources compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library.
- The Social Sciences Data Center with interactive search capability.
- The Heritage Foundation also has public policy information as does the Rand Corporation.